📅 August 2024 Challenge - Custom & Favorite Tool Sets!

Marco M
Marco M Posts: 101
edited September 3 in Community Hub

Hey everyone!

Join our August 2024 Monthly Community Challenge and share your best custom or favorite tool sets! For those wanting to know more about monthly challenges, click here.  

This month, we’re focusing on the incredible flexibility of our markup tools and how you use them to create custom tool sets.

📋️ Challenge Details
Share your best custom and/or favorite tool sets. This can include calling out your most used tool sets, attaching some custom tool sets to share with the community, or even calling out some existing tool sets that need updates.

Note: We understand some tool sets might be private, or intellectual property. Please make sure you have permission to share.

🎖️ Rewards  
Participants will earn a special badge (shown above) and points to help you rank up in the community.  

⁉️ What to Do  

• Create and Share: If you do not feel comfortable uploading custom tool sets, feel free to share some of the types you’ve created, your favorites, and how you and your team use them. 
    • Use our versatile markup tools to design your own fully customized symbols and save them in the Tool Chest as a unique tool set.
    • Post or describe your custom tool set(s) here and explain how you use them. Whether you use tool sets to stay organized, remain consistent across teams, or to speed up repetitive tasks, we'd love to see them! 
  • Discuss: Engage with other members by commenting on and upvoting your favorite tool sets.

🤝 Why Participate? 

• Standardize: Sharing tool sets helps set standard markups for different projects, job functions, and clients. 
  • Collaborate: Connect with fellow members and learn new ways to enhance your workflow. 
  • Showcase: Highlight your expertise and creativity with custom tool sets.
  • Points: Gain points by earning a special badge and make your way to the top of the Leaderboard.

You can also find a list of custom tool sets within our Revu Custom Libraries, with details on how to import and export tool sets within our How to share Tool Sets article.

For those interested in learning more, feel free to check out our Tool Chest Overview course within Bluebeam University.

We can’t wait to see the shared feedback and some custom tool sets you’ve created. Let’s make this challenge a showcase of our community’s creativity and expertise.

Happy sharing!

Comments

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

WOW, that's a ton of emojis Marco.

I don't have it anymore (replaced computer) but I had made scalable detail items like metal and wood stud sections once. Mostly to learn how but they seemed like a useful tool to make, especially for training examples. I should probably remake them now that I think about it.

• @Luke Shiras I have been experimenting with converting SVG to Tool Sets which is how I created that tool set. It still isn't perfect, there are a few emojis that glitch. Curious if you can think of other use cases where an SVG import would be useful.

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

@Peter Noyes the challenge is that most of us are accustom to using symbols and SVG files are often overly graphic. But maybe something that is easier to explain would be door types and powered access.

Is the door flush, full lite, half lite, or vision panel?

Is the access device battery-operated or wired, RFD or keypad, maybe it's a card reader, etc?

Landscape plans would be another possible use.

Signage (Indoor and Outdoor) is another place where they might be useful.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 2

Impressive

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 9

Here's a collection of common signs that are used by

the SRA, the Swedish Road Administration. Most of them look and mean pretty much the same within the European Union. For more information in english for what they mean, visit Road signs – all Swedish traffic signs (korkortonline.se).

• Angela Aff
    Angela Aff Posts: 113

This is awesome, @Granitor-Matias! Thank you so much for sharing!

@Juan - I feel like you could definitely participate in this challenge!

• Juan
    Juan Posts: 1

Thanks @Angela Aff , great discussions and applications, we use quite a large number of images in our tool chests that are scalable, we tried different ways to import the images into the tool chest and the one that worked for us was to get a high resolution pdf and take snaphot and add the snapshot to the tool chest on the proper scale. Very similar to Matias, an example here in Ontario is our Traffic Management during construction that follows Book 7, we just took all the signs from the pdf as snapshots and added them to the library and works fine for us as we scale them all the time and keep good resolution.

• Marco M

These are some great responses!

• I use tool chests to collect information in a consistent way. See pic below.

With a tool chest and a custom filter, it's a good way to say to a group of people: here is the document, here are the buckets of information I'm expecting to get from you. Now go collect.

If you're into the details: 1. We keep all of our PDFs in sessions so we have to have a page at the back of the document to bring in the layers that align to the tool chest. 2. I have to confirm that custom filters transfer with the profiles but i would assume so, otherwise setting this up manually on 20 computers would be a pain. 3. I find that for some people, to get buy-in, they want to see some kind of output, so you can transfer the tool chest data to a standard report → You have to download the data table to CSV and i have an excel file that can match the heading name in an excel table column to the text box field name in bluebeam to transfer the info another PDF. Then you can have a nice PDF containing the pre-structured information that they can hold in their hands. *i don't do this often because it takes so long and it's a static document.

• Marco M

A big thank you to all who participated in this August 2024 Challenge and congratulations to those who earned a badge! This challenge is now closed.

We loved seeing the creativity and custom tool sets you shared. Your contributions showcased some of the expertise within our community.

Stay tuned for the September Challenge that will be posted in the Community Hub soon. We can't wait to see what you'll share next!

• Angela Aff
    Angela Aff Posts: 113

@Matt @MSnowdowne @Luke Shiras @Juan - thanks for sharing!

This discussion has been closed.