Files slow? This may help improve performance.

George Othitis
George Othitis Posts: 14
edited August 5 in Peer Support

Are your PDF files lagging when rendering or loading when opening? Try this setting to see if it helps.

• Click Revu (upper left) > Preferences / Or you can push "CTRL+K"
  • On the left panel, click Advanced
  • Under the 2D Rendering tab:
    • Rendering Engine: Set to "Hardware"
    • Rendering Mode: Set to "Wait for Completion"
  • Click OK.

This allows Revu to use your system hardware for processing. It is very similar to Autodesk's Hardware Acceleration if you know it.

A Bonus Tip!

• You can also Export your Preferences as an XML file and have someone Import it into their Revu to apply the settings automatically. The 'Import' and 'Export' buttons are at the bottom of the image above.

As the CAD Manager at my company, I receive performance-related issues as the number one complaint. This is something that usually helps things run a little smoother (having a good amount of RAM and a good GPU help as well 🤫).

Please post any tips that have helped you or your company.

Bluebeam Certified Professional (BCP)

Comments

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 186

Should we always do this or only if we're seeing lag?

Also, why is your resolution so high? Is that based on your monitor?

I'm sitting here with 96 ppi and don't know if it's because we're laptop-based or just our cheap (smallish) monitors.

• Ari S Rejtman
    Ari S Rejtman Posts: 10

@Luke Shiras The "Wait for Completion" setting is excellent, but if you're typically opening small PDFs that don't have a lot of images and assets, then you can pan around them and load data a bit faster with "Iterative Draw".

Yes, the "Resolution (System)" is based on our monitors, so it can't be changed unless we use a different one. Some small monitors can have higher resolution. My 15" laptop is 1080p and has 120ppi. ;)

Ari R.