📢 The Future of Bluebeam Cloud ☁️

Shawn
Shawn Posts: 15
edited August 13 in What's New?

Hi everyone!

We thought the community forum would be a good place to share our upcoming plans for Bluebeam Cloud.

Our web and mobile solutions have been evolving over the past few years. Now, with the latest technologies, we're excited to bring Studio capabilities to Bluebeam Cloud. This means that Studio Sessions, Studio Projects, and Revu markups will be available across the Bluebeam ecosystem, enhancing productivity and giving you the flexibility to take Bluebeam anywhere.

In June, we launched Studio Sessions on the web, letting you collaborate without needing to download Revu. In July, we rolled out Studio Sessions on iOS and introduced limited markup on Android (with more features coming this year and into next).

Soon, we’ll be releasing Studio Projects on the web, followed by iOS and then Android. This will allow your team to work on the same drawings, specs, and PDFs from any platform, whether in the field or the office. Each platform will have access to markup tools, with more being added regularly.

Looking ahead to 2025, we plan to introduce the Tool Chest on iOS and Android, giving you easy access to your favorite symbols and commenting tools while you’re out in the field.

With Studio capabilities available today, you can easily share files and let web and mobile users create punch items right away. Start by creating a Studio Session, uploading a floor plan, and inviting people from Revu or the web. Attendees can add markups, assign statuses, or leave comments from any platform. You can also generate detailed reports using Batch Summaries in Revu. For a full walkthrough, check out this video:

Our goal is to bring your teams together on the same set of drawings, in Sessions or Projects, with access to the tools you rely on, regardless of the preferred platform. We’re just getting started on this journey, and we appreciate your feedback as we build the future of Bluebeam Cloud.

Best regards,

Shawn Dawson
Product Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 9

Festures I’d love to see in the future, when cloud has full project support are auto batch slip and auto compare with help from AI.

If Bluebeam is storing my data in the cloud, it might as well go through it and report it’s findings while I’m enjoying a cup pf coffee. :)

• I'm really looking forward to this. It will be great for the iOS version to continue evolving. For now, Bluebeam is mostly a desktop app for me with the occasional file saved to my iPad to reference. I don't do much work within the iOS app or on the cloud.

Michael Noll from BBToolsets

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 9

Agree 100%. Bluebeam for iOS is a great product for viewers, especially in underground project or other types of project where there's no access to internet on site. Unfortunately it is a very outdated product that should have received it's share of love ages ago.

I have several projects where I use Revu iOS offline as a viewer, except for a few "hotspots" where the iPads can sync with the latest changes.

• Excited to hear about the upcoming release of the studio project on the web in Sep 2024!

Some suggestions for Bluebeam Cloud's development roadmap:

• Customizable workflows for design/construction,
      • RFIs, Submission, Site Inspection, Defeat Management, Site Progress Tracking
    • Dashboard to track workflow status and user tasks,
    • Project Forms (SmartPDF, e-forms), and
    • Notification Management
    • Open APIs