Match Adobe Acrobat support for blinking red frame / flashing red box

PDF exports from EPLAN 2.9 and later show a blinking red frame / flashing red box when following internal hyperlinks, as described in the EPLAN 2.9 docs and you can see for yourself when using Acrobat Reader with the attached sample (go to page 220 and click any of the green text).

I have seen Bluebeam Revu show this animation properly, but only once or twice when opening a document locally for the first time, and never when opening it as part of a Studio project.

The blinking frame makes it much easier to quickly follow references through a PDF, especially when links are not just between wires but between objects. For example from pg 220 in the sample, clicking W_7 8.0 leads to another wire, but clicking &MFA11 / 1.3 leads to a a 2D layout overview. In both cases, the flashing red leads your eye to exactly the relevant part of the new page.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• The blinking is accomplished via JavaScript and I am seeing some errors in the JavaScript console. I can bring this back to the team to try and understand why it isn't working correctly.