Mac user desperate for help signing into Revu with a Parallels install

• I am running Bluebeam 21. I have it installed on Parallels for mac.
  • I have been using this same setup for several years, but just got a new computer and am trying to set it up the same way.
  • But when I click Sign In, the button just blinks. It doesn't let me actually sign in. The dialog box does not appear. Please help!

BB tech support gave me the following instructions:

—>

Frequently, and in a standard Windows environment, if the sign-in button is not working or not acting right we would recommend the following steps. The steps below might be slightly different in the unsupported Parallels environment.

Delete the Entitlement.dat and NamedUser.dat files:

1. Close Revu 21
  2. In Windows File Explorer (Windows logo key + E) , navigate to the following file path: C:\Users\Your Windows User Name\AppData\Local\Bluebeam\Revu\21 ?????
    • Note: AppData is a hidden folder. If you don't see it when you go to the C drive, in File Explorer, go to View > Options > View > Files and Folders > Show hidden files, folder, and drives
  3. Right-click NamedUser.dat and select Delete. You call also delete any .json, .txt, and other files you see here. DO NOT DELETE ANY FOLDERS HERE.
  4. Navigate to: C:\Users\Your Windows User Name\AppData\Local\Bluebeam\Revu\21\Packages. Should be in the same folder you are in.
  5. Select all files in this folder - Right-click and select Delete
  6. Reopen Revu and login

—>

However, these instructions do not match what I am seeing in Parallels. I did my best to follow them, but not all the files that they mentioned were there. I REALLY need some help.

FWIW, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Revu and Parallels. I've also experimented with BB Cloud and the Revu for iPad. Neither one of those offer the flexibility and functionality that I need. I really need to use the desktop version. All I use Revu for is the Tool Chest (with highlighters and strikethroughs ).

Can someone PLEASE help me be able to troubleshoot Revu and Parallels? I am willing to pay someone to get this working for me.

Tagged:

Comments

• bWhite
    bWhite Posts: 3

Not sure what chip your Mac device has, or what OS you're on, but when this happens in our office, I have users run the 32-bit version of Revu instead, login there, close, reopen the typical Revu, and almost every time they are still logged in.