Shortcut to Colorize Snapshots

Erica Bowie
Erica Bowie Posts: 4
edited August 2 in Product Ideas & Feedback

Is there a shortcut to colorize snapshots? I use the snapshot tool quite a bit to take a snip of something and then overlay on another drawing. After pasting that snapshot, I will typically right-click and chose "Change Color" and select colorize and have it changed to red so I can distinguish from the snapshot and the actual page. Instead of having to go through all those steps, is there an easier way?

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alan A.
    Alan A. Posts: 48

HI @Erica Bowie,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about this, and we've taken note of your request. While we may not be able to accommodate every feature request, we greatly value knowing which features are important to you. Could you share more information about why you use snapshot?

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do or if you have any other questions. We look forward to collaborating in the future.  

• It's actually pretty easy to do as long as you have the settings pane open. once you paste the snapshot all you have to do is click on fill color and change it while the snapshot is still selected. Or if you have the advanced menu turned on the settings should show also on the top ribbon for Line and fill. There isn't a way to set defaults which is interesting even though the button exists. Since there are defaults set already, seems you should be able to change them to make this a one step process same as when you insert text, etc..

• Ryan Arbuckle
    Ryan Arbuckle Posts: 20
    edited August 16

@Craig Smith Good suggestions of using the Properties Panel and the Properties Toolbar for one click access after placing the snapshot.

@Erica Bowie If you are using the G key for the Snapshot, you might look into assigning another key (Revu → Keyboard Shortcuts) to open up the Color Processing window. In my example, I used O as it was unassigned. As you test out letters, it'll let you know what is assigned to it.

How to customize Revu keyboard shortcuts | Bluebeam Technical Support

• I use this often in exactly the way you describe. Super helpful when cross coordinating amongst disciplines. After pasting your screenshot. 1. Click "Change Colors" in settings. 2. Click "Colorize" from pull down tab at top 3) Select color and wallah!

Sidenote, as an overlay I also play with the Opacity for better readability of the linework. Cheers!

• @Ryan Arbuckle - I've explored the Color Processing window option to make it a shortcut, but it doesn't pull up the Color Processing window of the snapshot. I know it's only a few steps, but I use it quite often and it would be nice if there was an option to cut down on them. Thank you for the response though!

• @Chad Okinaka - Yes, I use it across multiple disciplines as well and agreed it's super helpful! Would just like a quick key to skip some of the redundant steps haha!

• @Alan A. - Sorry for the delay, I use snapshot to overlay portions of drawings to see if anything's changed. Take for example, a plan showing foundations. I would like to overlay it on top of an existing survey to see if things line up or if there are any conflicts such as underground utilities. I will typically take a snapshot of one and colorize the snapshot red so it's identifiable as the overlay when I paste it over the other drawing. Hope that helps explain!