Scale and Rotate by Reference

When I bring in a screenshot, it is not to scale, and I need to rotate it and resize to try match the pdf content. For example, sometimes I want to take an aerial screenshot and overlay it over my pdf plans. To make sure it aligns I need to scale it correctly, and rotate it correctly. It would be very handy if I could rotate by reference, and scale by reference.

Scale by Reference - if I know the road width in the screenshot is 7m, I have a reference point.

Rotate by reference - If my screenshot has two points, I can draw a straight line between them and use this as a reference to rotate the map to match my pdf plan.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Yes! Yes! Yes! I scale screenshots all the time as a geotechnical engineer. It is a very iterative process of guess and check to dial in the approximate scale. I was going to post an idea about this, but yours is already very clearly stated. This has already been implemented in most CADD software, so should be easy for Bluebeam to build in.

• This is a desperately needed feature. It is so tedious and exasperating to get images into their proper orientation and scale.