I use Bluebeam every day for construction estimating and takeoffs at Schlouch Inc., and I would really like to see a Split feature added to the Area Measurement tool.
The problem:
When I complete an area takeoff, an estimator may later ask me to break that area into multiple sections. Currently, I can split a line measurement, but I can't split an existing area measurement.
For example, if I take off a large area and later need to divide it into three or four separate areas, I have to delete/recreate the measurements and essentially redo the entire takeoff.
The feature I'd like to see:
Add the ability to select an existing area measurement and use a Split tool, similar to how line measurements can be split. Ideally, the original area would be divided into separate areas while maintaining the same measurement properties.
Why this would be helpful:
For construction estimating, our projects can have very large takeoffs with hundreds of measurements. Having to completely redo an area takeoff just because it needs to be broken into different sections can take hours.
A Split feature for area measurements would save a significant amount of time and make it much easier to adjust takeoffs when project requirements change.
I think this would be a very useful feature for anyone using Bluebeam for construction estimating, quantity takeoffs, and plan measurement.
Thanks for considering the idea!