VOTE: Which of these BATCH features has helped you out/been the most beneficial to you?

Angela Aff
Angela Aff Posts: 116
edited 3:55AM in Peer Support

The Batch Menu provides easy access to a handful of tools that can be used on multiple PDFs at the same time. If you've used any of the batch features and functionality, we're certain you have a favorite. Vote on yours below!

Batch functionality is available in Core & Complete plans.

VOTE: Which of these BATCH features has helped you out/been the most beneficial to you? 10 votes

Batch Crop & Page Setup
0%
Batch Headers & Footers
0%
Batch Sign & Seal
10%
bmccarthy 1 vote
Batch Link
30%
CarinaLuke ShirasTim Örting 3 votes
Batch Slip Sheet
0%
Batch Compare Documents
60%
RJ PalisvfrenchSumit RoyJon Brewersamisasmakhikund 6 votes
Other!
0%

Comments

• Jon Brewer
    Jon Brewer Posts: 4
    edited September 10
    Batch Compare Documents

Hi!

I would really like some information about how the "Match Filter" feature can be used. Select Advanced in in the Batch Compare Documents dialogue to see this feature. Unfortunately, the manual does not specify how to use this feature. The manual specifies the character wildcards, but not what the meaning of the filter is. Does it match the part of filename to be ignored? Or the part of the filename to use? Or something else?

Can you point me in the right direction?

regards Jon Brewer

• Jon, the "Match Filter" is where you would use those Wildcards. For example, if you select the Match by: File Name, Page Index, the Match Field is by File Name and if you are using file names that are not as common or slightly unorthodox, the wildcards can be entered into the "Match Filter" to allow Revu to locate the correct documents and compare them correctly. (Example: A1.1,1-First Floor Plan South can be located by matching A1.1.1*)

If you change that to Match By Page Label, than the Match Field will reflect Page Label and the Match Filter can be used to compare items by those page labels.

I hope this helps clarify that, but feel free to reach out in the Community Chat if you still have questions. Thanks!

• @Jon Brewer check out @Scott Koenig's recommendation. We hope that helps!

• Jon Brewer
    Jon Brewer Posts: 4
    edited September 16
    Batch Compare Documents

Hi!

Thanks Angela and Scott!

What filter should I use to match these files correctly?

file1 = "CP-004043-Prel - BOM.pdf"

file2 = "CP-002066-Prel - BOM.pdf"

Is it even possible? All the examples I have seen are examples where the filenames have a common prefix, but differ at the end of the file name. In my case, the files I need to match, differ at the beginning of the file name.

(I have posted the same question in the community but have not got an answer yet.)

regards Jon Brewer