Leave Bluebeam Cloud Alone?

How many times is Bluebeam going to change the name and functionality of online drawing distribution tool? Drawings, Studio, Cloud, etc. etc. The current CLOUDS has had so many names and every time we want to consider it for a new project, the tool shuts down and functionality is changed. Cloud is being eliminated August 27th, and we have been told to move data to Studio which is inside of Bluebeam and not a place where you want to invite clients.

Can you please leave this product alone so some of us can generate some data for you to see how it can be used productively? I have scrubbed this forum and nobody seems to be talking about this, well by the looks of comments nobody is really here.

I am about to begin a big project, the client is setup in Cloud and the contractor is about to be included with revisions of drawings to be uploaded soon, and as much work as we put into loading everything and getting it ready, now its going to be removed without a notice. Why? Again, another tool shuffled around.

Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Same here. We started using it when they went subscription based last year. I'm OK if they want to switch it, but they should have the replacement part of Studio Projects up and running so a transition can be made. Studio Projects doesn't have the RFI and Punch functionality built in.

The report aspect of the punch tool is (soon, was) a useful tool.

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 15
    edited August 2

Hi stf and Mark,

Thank you both for your feedback.

We understand your frustration with the frequent changes to our online solutions, and the pop-up message we pushed on Tuesday could have been clearer (we’re in the process of updating it).

As you know, the current 'Cloud Projects' are disconnected from Studio, and that’s suboptimal for our users and for Bluebeam. We’ve heard from many users, and know from usage data, that the current approach is not as good as we want it to be, so we’re making this change now to clear the way for a more unified, connected experience.

If you need help exporting your current project data, please check out this article.

@stf: if I understand your comment correctly, you might try using the My Workspace section of Bluebeam Cloud. It offers a simple way to upload files and share them with others, without going through Studio.

@Mark: We acknowledge the gap created by removing the Cloud functionality before the replacement is ready. This was a tough call we deemed necessary. There will be a short period without a "projects" section. In the meantime, Studio Sessions and My Workspace are available now and may be useful to you. For example, you can create punch lists using markups with Studio Sessions on web and mobile, and use Revu at your desk to generate markup summary reports.

Thanks for the dialogue here. We appreciate your understanding during this transition.

Shawn Dawson
    Product Manager

• WilkiG
    WilkiG Posts: 7

Same situation here. We spend a lot of work and time setting up our processes so we can use Bluebeam Cloud for our site management (especially punch management) and exactly on the day, where we wanted to teach the stuff on it this message appeared out of no where. Throwing out functionalities without a replacement and this with almost no notice isn't developing or improving a product, this only weakens the trust we had in the Bluebeam products. This seems to be kind of unprofessional and will probably lead to the question if we can trust Bluebeam enough to work with you in the future. Changes are fine and important and will always find some resistance, but be aware that this isn't just a change, this is a step back and a waste of resource for your costumers.

• RayZ
    RayZ Posts: 2

@shawn I am not sure I understand your comment regarding creating punch lists in studio sessions, can you please clarify?

Currently in Bluebeam Cloud Projects, we upload our drawings, (then we went and purchased all staff iphones because andriod doesn't function) and use the punch list tool to drop a tag in a specific place on the drawing, then attach multiple photos to that punch and make comments which turn into a field report directing contractors on what to correct.

Can you please clarify how Studio Sessions replicates this?

• Shawn

Hi RayZ and WilkiG,

Thank you both for the feedback.

@Rayz: To use Studio Sessions for Punch, create a Studio Session from either Web or Revu; upload a floor plan; invite collaborators to place punch key markups (these are available through the Punch profile in Revu or can basic markup shapes); and assign markup statuses. Once you are ready to begin summarizing the punch activity, in Revu, select Batch > Summary. You can create separate reports per trade, location, user, status, etc. Here’s a good video summary of how to do this:

@WilkiG: We understand that getting this message on your rollout day would be particularly frustrating after the work you put into this. We acknowledge that the timing of transition from one set of features to another is challenging and is cause for concern. We’d like to work with you on some potential solutions and will reach out to you directly.

Our focus for our Cloud experience is to provide a connected experience - via Studio - across web, mobile and Revu. This will include a number of updates to Sessions and Projects on web and mobile. Our priority is to help our users bring Bluebeam anywhere, extending your workflows and markup tools regardless of which device you may be using: desktop, web, or mobile. Nothing is more important than your trust, and we are committed to building great software you can rely on each day.

Shawn Dawson
    Product Manager

• RayZ
    RayZ Posts: 2

@shawn thanks for the assistance. We are familiar with using Revu on the desktop computer for punch list but I cannot find a way to add these punch items on an iphone (or preferable android device).

We can only figure out how to add punch items on the desktop version of revu which of course is not very useful in the field.

Is this a studio update on mobile that is planned in the next few weeks, or is there a way to leave cloud operating until studio can replicate the features?

• Shawn

@RayZ, while there isn't a specific "Punch" feature in Studio Sessions, you can still add punch-like markups directly from a Session on iOS. Currently, iOS users can choose from 11 types of markups, including those with status indicators. For Android, you can add rectangle markups, with more options coming soon as we continue to enhance the platform.

These features will be improved over the coming months to offer more customization options. Once your markups are created, you can generate a detailed report using Batch Summaries in Revu.

If you're having trouble creating markups or assigning statuses on iOS (v1.16) or adding rectangles on Android (v1.3), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can email us at support@bluebeam.com or send me a direct message, and I’d be happy to set up a call to assist you further.

Shawn Dawson
    Product Manager

• I specifically upgraded to Studio Core mid July 2024 to utilise the ability to work remotely on site on a tablet to produce snagging lists.

Since purchasing the Core product I have been setting my future Project up only now to find that Bluebeam Cloud is being discontinued.

There is no simple "Punch" function in Revu/Studio and all of punch-like mark ups are Americanised.

Is the only way to use this facility now to use my laptop to log into Revu and check drawings in and out remotely to synchronise them?

• Its distressing to know they're doing away with the RFI, Submittals, and Punch system without a replacement. I watched the webinar last week and its not a good replacement. Its half baked and clunky. We have contractors that need a simple and intuitive interface as possible. What was demonstrated is not at all simple. Disappointed in this decision.

• Isak
    Isak Posts: 1
    edited September 3

The "Projects" tab, to create punches, just as Ben/Ray/Marquette is asking for, is the exact reason we as well bought into Bluebeam and purchased iPad for, just a few months ago. After getting the message that Cloud is removing the "Projects" tab, and therefore also the ability to create "Puches" for a stack of photos and comments on specific points of a drawing, Cloud becomes useless for us.

Anyone got any suggestions of another app that allows punches that we can move over to, or any news if Studio will be reworked to enable this?

• Shawn

Hey @Ben Kellythorn, @rmarquette, and @Isak,

I appreciate your feedback and want to clarify a few things.

@Ben: I understand your concerns, especially about the tools feeling "Americanised." This isn’t just a regional issue—it affects every customer with unique processes. We’re committed to making Studio the service that supports mobile workflows, including offline situations.

@rmarquette: Your feedback on the interface is crucial, and I’ll make sure it’s shared with our development team. I’d also love to hear more about what didn’t work for you and how we can make it better.

@Isak: I know losing the "Projects" tab is frustrating, especially for creating punches. We’re actively working to enhance iOS and Android capabilities. Right now, you can create basic markups, including image markups on web and iOS, and apply statuses in Sessions. We’re also working on custom tools that will let you set the standards and share them across your web and mobile teams.

Thank you all for your input. We’re dedicated to ensuring you have the tools you need as we continue to improve the platform.

Best regards,
    Shawn