custom shapes for line starts and line ends

I need to create custom shapes for line starts and line ends. Currently, I can create new line styles and patterns, but not custom line ends or starts. I would appreciate if someone could help me with this or if it's possible to request the developers to add this feature.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alan A.
    Alan A. Posts: 48

Hi @DisplayName, thanks for this feedback! could you let us know more about how this feature could help you save time and effort?

• DisplayName
    DisplayName Posts: 3

We need to draw reinforcement plans, or when reviewing drawings, it is necessary to show how a reinforcement bar should be depicted on the drawings. Essentially, we need to create input for the designers. The existing end variants are not complete, and therefore, other types that are commonly used in Sweden are needed.

Currently, we are forced to use the "polyline" tool, which unfortunately is not efficient, and the ends need to be drawn, enlarged, or reduced manually.

• Hello, to add to this, how does one adjust the "location" of the end, like in Adobe Illustrator, you can have the "end" at the beginning of the end type, or in the middle (currently the only option). See image for example from Illustrator, what they call a "Cap".

• @Philip Mulkins, when the markup is selected, the Properties Toolbar will be active. Clicking "Start" and "End" allow you to choose from the dropdown list. Once a choice has been made, you can scale the Start Size and End Size (defaults to Auto).

• Thank you, but you are missing my point. See below:

In this case I am using the following settings.

What I would like to see as a feature (what I thought I explained above, but not well) is that the line would not extend to the middle of the circle, but stop at the tangent of the circle (in this case).

In the following example (all the same length of line) only the top arrow makes sense as the "attachment" point of the "end".

Does my request come across better?

• My apologies - I misread that. I understand that request now and can see how more location options would benefit you!