Revu Window Size Issue

I recently received a message form a student regarding an issue with Revu. The student mentioned that they typically keep Revu open as a floating window so they can see their desktop icons. The Revu window will gradually increase in size every time the program is opened, eventually covering the status bar at the bottom. This has been a reoccurring problem for the student, even across different offices and computers.

If any of you have experienced a similar problem and have suggestions on why this might be happening and how to correct it, please share your insights.

Thank you 😊

Sarah L. Wallace

Consultant, Operate Practice

D 703.924.5323

M 443.771.4384

E sarah.wallace@caddmicrosystems.com

www.caddmicrosystems.com

Answers

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

Never heard of that happening but I am curious what the cause/solution is.

• Me too @Luke Shiras

Sarah L. Wallace

D 703.924.5323

M 443.771.4384

www.caddmicrosystems.com

• Duane Gingras
    Duane Gingras Posts: 26

It's not exactly clear what the student is referring to. I work with Bluebeam and other apps in windowed or fullscreen. I've never seen the window grow (when in windowed mode) with multiple re-opens. When they say Status bar, do they mean the status bar in blubeam? Or do they mean the Taskbar of their OS? If they mean Bluebeam, then do they have a floating window detached from Bluebeam yet floating over bluebeam? Like this? (the floating window is covering my main bluebeam status bar):

While i have briefly run a floating window over Bluebeam main app, it's only long enough to drag it to another screen. Otherwise I run split view. There is no other way they could block their status bar in bluebeam unless they float a window over it. If you restart bluebeam all files start attached. So this description is unclear.

If they mean windowed mode and it's occluding their taskbar then that's not possible since taskbars take priority (unless they have their taskbar set to autohide, then maybe they might mistake it for blocking). Like below my instance of bluebeam is now behind my taskbar.

If it's an issue of the instance of Bluebeam slowly growing in size, then I'd ask if this is happening to other applicaitons. If it's specific to Bluebeam (and specific to the student it seems) then the easiest first step is for the student to reset their install. Profiles, over time, can do odd things and in my experience if someone has large cumbersome toolsets this can also be a contributor to poor performance. I've never seen a 'growing window' problem though. Best first step is always: ctrl+k > Admin > Reset. if the problem clears up then it's something that's accumulated in your profile or tools.

• Hi @Duane Gingras,

Apologies for the delayed response. I appreciate your feedback. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. It's not exactly clear what the student is referring to. - The student has their Revu window minimized hovering above the Windows taskbar (like the screenshot below). The student said as they minimize the window to work on other things and then open it again the window 'grows' in size.
    2. When they say Status bar, do they mean the status bar in Bluebeam? - They are referring to the Windows taskbar.
    3. If it's an issue of the instance of Bluebeam slowly growing in size, then I'd ask if this is happening to other applications. - The issue is specific to Bluebeam.

Thanks for the suggestion to rest Revu. I will reach out to the student and see if it helps solve the issue.

Sarah L. Wallace

D 703.924.5323

M 443.771.4384

www.caddmicrosystems.com

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

@Sarah Wallace did this ever get resolved? Have they tried reinstalling Bluebeam? Are they connecting remotely or to a virtual machine?

Since they said it happens on different computers these probably won't help but other things to check…
    Screen resolution - conflict between multiple monitors?
    Screen Scale - is it at the "recommended" percentage? What happens if you change it?