Duane Gingras
Duane Gingras Posts: 26
edited May 16 in Peer Support

I just encountered this as I don't do this often. We had a series of documents (forms) that were set up with a typo (PP10843 vs PP10834) and this became a copy past error for all subsequent forms. This existed as a markup for all forms. So remembering we can search for markups I did that.

I then used the 'Select all' and 'Replace' tools:

I entered in the new value

Nothing happened. I think this used to work in the past though. I don't use this regularly enough to remember if it was functional in previous versions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Iharned
    Iharned Posts: 35

Try flattening the markups, then you should be able to select them. If no selection box comes up they are not modifiable. Big downside though as they will not be recoverable (unflatten) after modifying.

On the original note though I think this suggestion applies to form fields as well, as find and replace also does not work for these.

• Duane Gingras
    Duane Gingras Posts: 26

Thanks @Iharned , flattening is one path which makes the markups unrecoverable (as you pointed out). It would be good to bulk change text in a mark up with find-replace. For the sake of completeness, I could have used this simple example in another fashion. I could have filtered for the markups:

then select all markups, then used the properties tab to updated them all:

As the text box was a copy/paste this method works. However the issue is when you have different text in each text box and you just need to update one element in each text box. Bluebeam is close, you can search your markup text and see the results, you just can't use the search tools on results (select, action, replace, delete)

• kmorgan
    kmorgan Posts: 2
    edited August 19

Hello, I don't see it in the posts above, but did anyone answer whether Bluebeam Revu (using Bluebeam Revu x64 Standard) can do bulk Find and Replace of a portion or specific text within a Markup text box? Similar to how Word or Excel can do with wildcards and their find and replace tools.

I have about 50 instrument tags seven characters in length across multiple P&ID sheets in one set (one PDF) and only the fourth character from the left in all of them needs to be revised from a "7" to a "6"

Thank you!

• Iharned

That is actually specifically what the suggestion is for. As stated, the only way you can run find and replace on ANY markups (text boxes included) is to flatten them, but once you run find and replace, you cannot unflatten.

• kmorgan
    kmorgan Posts: 2
    edited August 19

Thank you for the reply. I have tried to run find and replace after unflattening but still no success. By the way there is only one check box and it is for "Select All". Each instance doesn't have its own selection box. Does this mean the find and replace function will not work?

• Iharned

Correct, those search results are not replaceable.

And again, the find and replace will only work once Flattened, and then you will not be able to unflatten.

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

I'm really surprised by this limitation. Especially since the contents of the markup are visible in the markup list.