Tip: Reuse Tools

Peter Martin
Peter Martin Posts: 13
edited August 5 in Peer Support

If you've ever had to place a symbol on a drawing more than three times, you've probably wondered, "I wish I didn't have to keep clicking on the symbol every time I want to place it."

I have great news for you πŸ˜€

The Reuse Tools option keeps that tool selected for placing as many instances of a symbol as you need! There are two ways to activate Reuse Tools.

• In the Menu bar at the top of your Bluebeam window, you can go to Tools and find Reuse Tools at the end of the list.
  • Within Preferences in the Revu menu, head to Tools again and check Reuse Tools under the Markup tab.

SATBUG Champ

Tagged:

Comments

• Ryan Arbuckle
    Ryan Arbuckle Posts: 20

These are all great!

• There is also method #4 (temporary re-use or single-tool re-use, not sure what to call it), double-click a tool on a toolbar. This will enable re-use for only this tool until you hit Esc or single-click to select another markup tool.

• jrideout
    jrideout Posts: 3

Adding onto this post, I assigned my Reuse Markup toggle to the tilde key (this one: ~) in line with the number keys.

Doing this allowed me to quickly toggle the function without having to manually click it on/off, assigning it to the ~ also aligns it to the My Tools tool chest.

https://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revu21/Content/RevuHelp/Menus/Revu/Keyboard-Shortcuts/Keyboard-Shortcuts--MT.htm

• Wow with all these additions, I think I need to revise this tip! At the very least it deserves it's own LinkedIn post :)

SATBUG Champ