Changing your Display Name

RJ Palis
RJ Palis Posts: 31
edited August 5 in Peer Support

This is a very useful and often overlooked task when getting started on Bluebeam. Credit to Carolyn Stegon (former OCBUG Champion) for this tip.

Select "Preferences" under the Revu tab:

Under the "General" Setting and "Options" Tab, update your user name:

This simple yet underrated update will help identify you when markups are added in any document, helping other team members get in contact with the author confidently and accurately.

Hope this helps!

RJ Palis, PE

AECOM Hunt

Digital Technology-BIM/VDC Senior Manager

Building & Construction Technologies

(m)213.364.7665 | (e) rj.palis@aecom.com

Comments

• Andy Krogh
    Andy Krogh Posts: 18

That is a good tip and one that is often overlooked.

Be safe. Do good!

• Marco M
    Marco M Posts: 108

Great tip, @RJ Palis! Make sure to share a link to this post to the discussions thread below to receive credit for the Tipster badge!

• Rebecca Yu
    Rebecca Yu Posts: 8

I always recommend this to new users as well. I also recommend that they do this as the last step of any changes they make in the preferences dialog box as the change doesn't seem to stick if you go to another tab after this edit.

• RJ Palis
    RJ Palis Posts: 31

@Rebecca Yu - your last comment can be added to the community feedback so it can be addressed. Tagging @Marco for visibility.

RJ Palis, PE

AECOM Hunt

Digital Technology-BIM/VDC Senior Manager

Building & Construction Technologies

(m)213.364.7665 | (e) rj.palis@aecom.com

• Kit Meyer
    Kit Meyer Posts: 2

why does it only work in new sessions? I changed my name, but understand that it won't take effect in the sessions that I have already joined.

• @Kit Meyer I believe that's just how it's setup currently. If you have already joined a session, updating your username won't update for that session. Only new sessions you join will change going forward. Also, make sure you change your username under the studio tab under preferences. Go to Preferences → Studio → Servers and you'll see Display name. The General tab will only update your username for local files you're working on (at least I believe that's the case but someone can correct me if I am wrong).

• Kit Meyer
    Kit Meyer Posts: 2

@Alejandro Cruz - Abbott thank you. I did update in preferences too. I'll just hope that this session is short.