Punch List

I have adapted the Punch List feature in Bluebeam to work for Field Reports/Site Observations while on site, which has been a huge time saver, as I am able to generate the field report while onsite with minimal additional time post processing. I created two stamps one for Corrective Action (CA) and another for Planned Work (PW), which I can quickly select and drop on the plan. Being able to capture and embed the photo directly to the stamp is a great feature. However, the unfortunate thing is the photo's are simply to small to add any value when printing the Markup Summary Report. Its understood that the intent is to review the photo's digitally through the software, but a lot of times the subcontractors who are responsible for completing/fixing the work are not using software, but rather the tried and true printed copies. I have found myself exporting, an addition to the Markup Summary Report, the Capture Summary Report. I personally think the Capture Summary Report has better flow and readability. With that said it essentially repeats all the information captured in the Markup Summary Report, but it lacks the benefit of hyperlinking to the sheet the comment was placed on. I suggest merging these two styles of reports into one. Doing so allows those that have access to the software to take advantage of the hyperlinking. For those that have the hard copies it allows them to have one report that is legible.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• This is a really good suggestion @DLR . There is definitely still friction with the usage of Bluebeam in the mobile device so the people can take it anywhere. Can I ask, if they are not using the software, how are they printing the reports? Do you have any training modules or programs that can help adopting and implementing these workflows to the users?

RJ Palis, PE

AECOM Hunt

Digital Technology-BIM/VDC Senior Manager

Building & Construction Technologies

(m)213.364.7665 | (e) rj.palis@aecom.com

• DLR
    DLR Posts: 3

@RJ Palis when I issue the report I send it to the General Contractor as a Bluebeam PDF file as they have access to the software. From there they print hard copies and distribute to the subcontractors and field foreman's as required, so that any items requiring corrective action can be completed. To be honest I just started this process a few weeks ago, so it has been a work in progress. It has potential and the GC seems to like it for the most part, aside from the issues I described above and in my other suggestions post.

• I am interested in the topic, as I being a GC wearing all hats, PE, Super, PM and more. I use the ipad in collaboration with PC version and multiple users by creating PDF file upfront with all the setup that is needed with custom columns, and then import tools using the excel CSV. file format also do the same by embedding photos and tracking statuses, punch lists, field conditions and more.

A major factor that comes into play, will be where does the file live in? as I use Citrix Sharefile it is great but there are some issues that I have learned to work around yet makes it a bit more complicated when you want to centralize one file for all and have not figure out what is causing the crash to lose all the data collected on the speed walks.