Import Layers from Excel for Efficient Take-Offs

I would like to suggest a feature that would greatly enhance productivity in Bluebeam Revu. It would be extremely beneficial to have the ability to import a list of layers from an Excel file directly into Revu.

Use Case:

I currently manage an Excel file that contains a detailed list of items for estimation, each of which requires a take-off. It would save significant time if I could upload this Excel list into Bluebeam Revu so that each item automatically becomes a separate layer.

Current Workflow:

• Manual Layer Creation: I have to manually add each layer one by one for every project, which is time-consuming.
  • Workaround: I use a template PDF with pre-defined layers and import it into new projects. However, this method is not ideal as it doesn’t accommodate unique project requirements and often requires additional manual adjustments.

Proposed Feature:

• Import Functionality: Allow users to upload an Excel file containing a list of layers.
  • Automatic Layer Creation: Each item in the Excel file would create a corresponding layer in Bluebeam Revu.
  • Efficiency Improvement: This feature would streamline the process of setting up layers for take-offs, eliminating the need for repetitive manual entry and enabling faster project setup.

This feature would greatly improve workflow efficiency and reduce the time spent on manual layer management. I believe it would be a valuable addition for many users who handle extensive lists of items for estimation and take-offs.

Thank you for considering this suggestion!

Tags: Feature Request, Excel Import, Layer Management, Automation, Estimations, Takeoffs, Workflow Efficiency, PDF Layers, Bluebeam Revu, Layer Creation, Project Setup, Productivity Enhancement, Time Saving, Template Management, Construction Estimation, Layer Import, Excel Integration, Process Improvement

2 votes

Active · Last Updated