📢 Introducing Bluebeam Community Digest - Stay Updated with Top Posts!

Marco M
Marco M Posts: 101

Hey Bluebeam Community,

We’re excited to introduce a new feature designed to keep you in the loop with the most active discussions in our community - Bluebeam Community Digest!

Each week, you’ll receive the top posts from the categories you follow, delivered right to your inbox. It’s the perfect way to stay informed and connected with what’s happening in the community. See below for a reminder on how to follow a category. 

Why Subscribe? 

• Get the top content delivered to you without having to search. 
  • Quickly catch up on the most important discussions and insights. 
  • Learn from experts, discover new features, and join conversations that matter to you.

How to Subscribe 

1. Open your Notification Preferences and scroll to the bottom. 
  2. Under Weekly Email Digest, select "Send me the email digest". 

Once you have selected the "Send me the email digest" option, you’ll start receiving the top Bluebeam Community content in your inbox from the past week.

We'd also love to hear your feedback, as we're always looking to improve. After subscribing, feel free to post in the Community Hub to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the future!

Thank you for being an active Bluebeam Community member. We’re thrilled to bring this feature to you and look forward to helping you stay connected.

Forgot how to Follow a category? Here’s how: 

Go to the categories that interest you, including any Bluebeam User Groups, and find the button that looks like a bell. Select Follow (Following will appear to indicate that you’re following that category).

Tagged:

Comments

• Siem
    Siem Posts: 1

Great initiative, Bluebeam, nice to meet, Marco!

The first feedback I have is this: I was quite hesitant activating all the notifications and email options, so it came to me that it would be ideal to get a weekly overview per email. I hope the "Weekly Email Digest" fulfills that wish. I switched on all notifications, and off all email, except the one at the bottom for this Weekly Email Digest. If so, maybe simplify the first screen and make that the default for new members and a link to this list for later fine tuning. Great to communicate!

• I'm confused, I don't see any place to select categories. I even did a search and nothing popped up as I would expect. Seems like there should be a preferences section under the user account or some place to choose categories. the list of topics you can click on to sort, but that doesn't allow you to follow or unfollow. Where exactly is this hiding? Clicking on the link doesn't get you there.

• Marco M
    Marco M Posts: 101

@Craig Smith

If you go to the main discussions page, the categories can be found at the top. For instance:

Peer Support
    Product Ideas & Feedback
    Community Hub

You can also select the main Bluebeam User Groups discussion to follow as well if you are a BUG Member.

Note: If no categories are Followed, the Digest will simply show the top content within the community overall.

Hope this helps!

• Those are pretty vague and widespread. It's almost an all or nothing. Can't add user groups though. I tried and there is no follow button. I did finally find for the discussion groups. Was expecting it to be more broken into actual categories for markups, studio, etc.. More topical than just Ideas, Hub and peer support. will be more functional if you can get a little more granular I would think.

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 182

This started out more granular but the sections were consolidated before public launch. I imagine that this will get granular again as we get more users generating more content. The challenge is determining how content should be sub-categorized. There's so much overlap and "cross-posting" that it blurs the lines.

Subscribing to tags might be a logical option or simply the top (five) posts, or announcements…etc.