PAdES Compliant Electronic Signature Creation Support (ideally PAdES B-LTA)

At the moment, Bluebeam Revu supports only signing using a (qualified) electronic certificate in compliant with ISO 32000-1, but it is not compliant with ETSI EN 319 142. Bluebeam Revu does not generate eIDAS PAdES compliant electronic signatures. This makes all signature in the PDF files generated in Revu of questionable legal value.

I suggest extending the ISO 32000-1 signature support to the ETSI EN 319 142 level (these two standards are not exclusive to one another, the ETSI standard is only a stricter ISO compliant implementation) – it makes no sense to support ISO and not already ETSI. Later, this could also be enhanced with support of long term validity (PAdES LTV – i.e. PAdES LT and PAdES LTA) – to automatically embed the revocation data (or OCSP) at the signing time.

Bluebeam Revu does not support timestamping with the signature and later timestamping covering the timestamped signature. A PDF document signed without a qualified timestamp has only a very limited time validity. I think timestamping should definitely be supported.

Unfortunately, the currently poor implementation of signatures and their verification in Bluebeam Revu is quite unusable. It does not even consider certified PAdES B-LTA signed documents as valid, because it considers the timestamp which changes B-LT to B-LTA as a document change and violation of document permissions (which goes against the logic of such a certification). This does not concern only certified documents, but also simply electronically signed documents.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated