Inclusion of comments on PDF punchlist reports in Bluebeam Cloud

I am loving Bluebeam Cloud for so many reasons, but am finding tracking progress through the available documentation a little tough—specifically on PDF reports that I send to contractors.

With just a single Description field, it's tough to document the "issue description" and "notes about how the issue was resolved" for punchlist items. We usually end up using the Comments area to document progress, decisions, or how/when the item was resolved. Unfortunately, these comments don't appear anywhere other than when you open up a punchlist item.

When you generate the PDF report, each punchlist item's page just shows Description, Status, Due Date, and attached photos. If the Comments were to appear on those pages as well, that would give us a lot of flexibility to document progress, conversation, and resolve of issues. And at the end, when we export a punchlist of Status=Complete items, everyone will be able to see exactly how an item was resolved.

Tagged:
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• @Cass Barbour , could you add in some screenshots just for clarity. The way I read this right now is that you are looking for additional information to be present in the report. My high level resopnse would be that you can add or remove columns that you want to see in your report. And you can use the 'reply' option if you are trying to capture additional responses from users, or set up custom columns for additional text input. This is part of the markup summary pop-up dialogue, where you pick the 'Columns' option. Every field that you have in the current document will be listed here (except for [Reply] as it isn't a column):

If you use the "reply" feature it will look like this in your markup list

when you generate your report you all of this can be added (the 'Reply' is the one not in the list and is always added with 'Subject'). below is a basic PDF Summary export in 'flow'

and the same in 'Table'

and here I've added Custom comment columns ([Resolutions] and [Mitigations]). I added the highlight, this is not a part of the report generation.

Hopefully i understood your questions correctly and I hope this helps.

• @Duane Gingras Hmm, it looks like you're using desktop for exporting markup. Apologies if I posted in the wrong area, but I'm using the Punch list items feature on Bluebeam Cloud at app.bluebeam.com.

• Hello @Cass Barbour , sorry. I had assumed you were accessing the cloud from both platforms (browser and desktop app)