📣 COMMENT TO WIN AN AMAZON GIFT CARD!

Comments

• Greetings to the community. My go-to Bluebeam feature is adding 3D PDF content using Bluebeam olugins in design software like AutoCAD and Revit to provide interactive views to clients rather than simple static 2D sheets.

• 👷‍♀️👨‍💼 My name is Alex McCaskill and I am a geotechnical engineer in our bridge group.

Bluebeam is foundational to efficiently completing our QAQC process every day.

My favorite Bluebeam tool is the snipping/screenshot tool, in combination with the ability to change the blend mode of the resulting screenshot (multiply is my fave because it takes out the white background). I typically use this to overlay historic original plans on our proposed plans to verify locations of old borings and existing foundations. My second favorite Bluebeam tool is the ability to set the scale and take scaled measurements - which I use both on plans and to interpret graphs (especially to extend one axis of the graph down).

If anyone knows of a better way to scale the screenshot for the purpose of visually aligning old and new plans - which were not created in the same scale - do let me know. I am aware of the "overlay" feature, but that seems to work best only when the sheets are identical in size (i.e. multiple versions of the same sheet created in CADD).

Furthermore, the old plans may have some skew or distortion as a result of the way they were scanned - which means linear measurements may not be accurate - would love to have a way to auto-correct that!

💥One new feature I would totally love to see added to the measuring tools is the ability to define a scaled axis (or a set of axes). Like an x and y axis you could just plop on a graph or cross-section. The next step would be to use that axis set to generate a list of coordinates based on the points you click on - similar to the existing "Count" tool, but it would report a table (exportable to Excel) of the x,y coordinates instead of just a count. There is a freeware program called Graphgrabber by Quintessa that does exactly this.

💥Perhaps the initial phase this development, which would be a major improvement on its own, is as simple as adding ruler tick marks to line and polyline tools you already have. When used with the appropriate scale, you get a whole series of measurements along a line all at once, instead of taking, say, 15 individual linear measurements. If the ruler feature works with polylines, including arcs, it could even be used to lay out approximate stationing along the polyline as an alignment - very useful when working with old plans. Then add numbers to the tick marks need to display numbers from a user-defined starting and/or ending point - whether, for example, it is depths every 5 feet starting from 20 feet or stationing every 100 feet starting from 6120+00 or even follow a user-defined logical pattern, like A, B, C, … or the Fibonacci Sequence.

• Name: Real Nadeau

My go to Bluebeam feature is the measurements tools

• Vandit
    Vandit Posts: 1

👋 Hey everyone!

👷‍♀️ My name is Vandit

⛏️My go-to Bluebeam feature is Studio because it helps you to navigate through various different projects at the same time without any problem. Also I like to keep organized my toolbox as I use them the most. While doing mark-ups "Alt Z" is the best handy command for resizing the text box.

• CRohloff
    CRohloff Posts: 1
    edited July 18

I would love to be able to just throw questions out to the community to see if there are better ways of doing things on Bluebeam.

My go to is all of the keyboard shortcuts and the countless toolboxes that are available.

• danielm
    danielm Posts: 1

My go-to Bluebeam feature is Snapshots and markup tools. I think pictures are often worth more than a thousand words.

• Jake Nelson
    Jake Nelson Posts: 1

Name: Jacob Nelson
    My go-to Bluebeam features are Auto-Bookmarking, Auto-Page Labeling, & batch linking.

• Mr. Blue
    Mr. Blue Posts: 1
    edited July 18

Daniel

My go to are custom toolsets and spaces.

I am the Bluebeam Revu lead for Merrick & Company

• My name is Michael and I am a designer.

My go-to Bluebeam feature(s) are the markup tools as QAQC never ends.

• My name is Ernesto Almazan.

My go to Bluebeam features are markup tools and Studio.

My current wfm workspace setup is:

• Tracy Black
    Tracy Black Posts: 1

I am glad that the BB Community is now live.

I would like to see an improvement in the Highlight portion of the application. It recognizes some text, but not others. Ultimately, I have to select the R (rectangle) command to complete my review of drawings.

That is all I do, review drawings for construction or assembly.

If you have a better way please let me know.

• JCA
    JCA Posts: 1

👷‍♀️👨‍💼 Name: Joel Adair

I'm Managing Principal of a structural engineering firm, The Structural Alliance, in Dallas, TX

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is…Bluebeam Studio

• MJung
    MJung Posts: 1
    edited July 18

Hi all!

Name is Mark

My go-to is custom Tool Chests for markups. Studio is a good feature as well.

• 👷‍♀️👨‍💼 Name: Liyang Tian (Oakland office, San Francisco)

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is design detailing and analysis drawings, Reports editing, QC etc.

• hkoles
    hkoles Posts: 1

👷‍♀️👨‍💼 Name: Harrison Koles

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is: Dimensioning with by page scales

• 👷‍♀️ Name: Barbara

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam features are…

SHIFT+ALT+C ⇒ for check marks

SIGNATURE STAMPS

COMBINE DOCUMENTS (for reporting)

• Ilcme007
    Ilcme007 Posts: 2

• TLTHDP
    TLTHDP Posts: 1

👷‍♀️ Name: Lynn

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is…

customizing my tool chest and studio sessions

• Ilcme007
    Ilcme007 Posts: 2

My name is Ira Campbell I’m currently a Project Manager for Birdi Systems.

My go to feature in Bluebeam is the studio collaboration functions.

• Welch - INT
    Welch - INT Posts: 1

Clint Welch

My go to feature in Bluebeam is overlays and comparing documents and also Studio sessions for collaboration and design.

• Hi everyone!

👨‍💼 Name: Thomas

⛏️y go-to Bluebeam feature is…

The custom tool chests for doing takeoffs/estimating and exporting the data to Excel!

📷️ A picture of you on the job

• Hello, I'm Masami Fukuhara with Ted Tokio Tanaka Architects / IDA Studio from Los Angeles, CA

My go-to Bluebeam feature(s) are the markup tools and measuring tools

• ADAMPOHL
    ADAMPOHL Posts: 1
    edited July 18

Name: Adam Pohl
    My go-to Bluebeam feature is… Highlight!

All the best
    -Adam Pohl (POHL3D)

• My name is William and I work as a Structural Technician, my favourite feature is BlueBeam Studio since it allows for collaborative markups!

• cejanner
    cejanner Posts: 1

Hello, My name is Chris and my go-to feature is reduce file size; it's pretty satisfying.

• Srushmore
    Srushmore Posts: 1

👷‍♀️👨‍💼 Name: Steven Rushmore

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is…markups

• pkerr
    pkerr Posts: 1

Hi, I am Phil, California wall panel designer working remotely for an Indiana component company. My favorite tools are "Get Window" in print session, extract pages from plans and make my own bookmarks.

• Bluebeam itself is my go to tool pretty much every day.

• Sets. I didn't like Bluebeam Sets at first, but they've grown on me, and now I use sets to keep current drawings "handy" for those pesky contractor phone calls :)

• daveydir
    daveydir Posts: 1
    edited July 18

👷‍♀️👨‍💼 Name: David

⛏️ My go-to Bluebeam feature is…

The ability to split the page vertically and horizontally many times, to compare or reference print specs….
    The Ability to use my 3D space mouse for navigation is also such a time saver…

One thing I wish was different…

When I click on a hyperlink or bookmark on accident or wrong one, I wish there was a back button to go back to the last page. This is my biggest frustration. Back and forward buttons would be an amazing touch