Remote Use of Revu and Connection to Servers on Tablets

SBautista
SBautista Posts: 1
edited August 5 in Peer Support

My firm is looking into purchasing a few tablets for site observation and I was wondering what are some specific workflows and devices other firms are using.

We would like to connect with our servers remotely to access documents for marking-up and answering client/consultant questions. We have been getting suggestions of downloading documents beforehand to access on the device, but we were hoping for a more seamless connection, with documents on the server accessible at all times.

We have also been suggested to avoid iOS devices for Revu, and we would like any suggestions for tablets. We preferably want to avoid using Microsoft Surface laptops, or similar small-form computers, opting to use a tablet that is less costly to purchase and maintain.

Tagged:

Comments

• I haven't explored the use of Bluebeam cloud in the field, however this sould do the trick. Bluebeam has added a "Project" space to the Cloud that runs independently of Studio Projects (following the Microsoft philosophy of giving similar names to things that aren't the same…).

However this would require you working with your documents from start to finish in the cloud space. The upside is that it's device agnostic, you can sign in from any device and start working. The interface is also geared towards collaborative markups (text and simple shapes) versus a full library with more complexe shapes and lines. This is good as it streamlines how people interact with the drawings. This is also not good if your interaction requires more than simple shapes. You still have folder structures to organize your drawings, and all your reviews and comments would now be contained to the 'Project XXX'.

For now you can export all the data (to Studio Projects or other) which tells me they will have syncing between Cloud Projects and Studio Projects in the near future (this will allow the desktop app to be used)

And finally, the cloud does require internet/data all the time, there is no offline mode. I hope i understood your questions correctly.