Ceiling grids / Suspended ceilings

Hi,

How can i mark up rooms on a drawing with a scaled 600mm x 600mm grid Pattern. The grid hatch wont let me set its scale. We supply and install suspended lay in grid ceilings, so this is the main thing we need it for, but struggling at the moment.

thanks all

Comments

• Adam, you might be able to adjust the grid in the Revu Menu>Preferences>General>Grid & Snap.

In there you can change the Units to millimeters or centimeters and then adjust the grid spacing. I'm not completely sure that this will answer your question 100%, but it might be something to try and see if that helps.

Please let us know if this works so we can continue to pass it along to others. Thanks!

• Off the top of my head, could you make a hatch pattern for the various scales?
    The downside is you can't shift the pattern withing the shape or snap to the "grid".
    So @vfrench's videos may be a better long-term solution.
    In my idea you can align the grid pattern, by moving the shape then adjust the boundary to fit the new position.

• Glynis D.
    Glynis D. Posts: 20
    edited September 13

@Adam AIF I would probably use multiple for this.

1. Set the scale for your drawing.

2. Draw a vertical line and adjust line weight to what you would like.

3. Right click on the line and select multiply.

4. Set your distance to 60mm and set the number of copies you would like to make.

5. Draw a line across the top.

6. Right click on the line and select multiply.

7. Adjust settings so that the direction is down, distance is 60mm and an appropriate number of copies.

8. You should now have a scaled grid.

9. Use the select tool to select all lines.

10. Right click and group the lines together.

11. you should now be able to select the group and move them around all at once.

• Carina
    Carina Posts: 22

Could you not create a custom hatch pattern from a CAD file to the right scale?