Calibration Units vs Dimension units

Markchouinard
Markchouinard Posts: 2
edited October 10 in Peer Support

Did older versions of Bluebeam (18, 19 etc) automatically match the dimension units to whatever scale you calibrated to? I feel like it did' but can't confirm since I've been updated. For example, if I am working in a metric PDF, and I calibrate based on an existing dimension of 6100mm within a drawing, the new dimensions that I add after calibrating should automatically come out as metric as that's the units I am looking to use. The currently seem to be tied to the last time I changed units, and don't appear to be linked to calibration at all.

Or, am I not seeing some setting that automatically makes the dimension units match the calibrated units?

Asking for a friend..

Answers

• I don't recall if the older versions adopted the calibration. The tricky part is that the built-in metric options are unitless; that is, 1:100, as you know, can be parsecs or microns (to exaggerate completely), so what would the measurement tools use for units?
    I suggest you build a ToolSet of the different units you use to measure meterage to millimetres quickly. If you are unaware, if you tend to use a particular unit most of the time, you can set that as your default.

• the same issue works in reverse, in that if I calibrate for an imperial dimension, the dims I place afterwards come out in the last units I used instead of updating automatically to the calibrated units. It used to automatically assume the units (either imperial or metric) were the desired units once calibrated and would subsequently show them with new dimensions added.

If that’s not available in the current version, I can say as an avid user that it would be a welcome feature to bring back.