Optimisation for the new arm based windows machines

I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out because I have a couple of suggestions that I think could make Bluebeam even better.

First off, I've been really impressed with the new ARM-based Windows machines, especially those using the Snapdragon Elite X. They’re powerful, have great battery life—kind of like MacBooks in that regard. It got me thinking about how amazing it would be if Bluebeam was optimized for these devices.

ARM-based machines are definitely on the rise, and they offer a lot of benefits like better performance with lower power consumption. Imagine being able to use Bluebeam all day without having to worry about charging! Plus, with more people adopting these devices, it seems like a great opportunity for Bluebeam to lead the charge in innovation and expand its user base.

On a related note, I really miss having Bluebeam on my Mac. I remember when it used to be available, and it was fantastic. The Mac community is growing, especially among professionals in fields like design, architecture, and engineering. Bringing Bluebeam back to Mac would cater to a lot of users who are looking for reliable and powerful software.

Offering Bluebeam on both Windows and Mac would also make it easier for those of us who use both platforms. It would streamline our workflow and make collaboration much smoother. Plus, it would definitely set Bluebeam apart from the competition.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I really believe that optimizing Bluebeam for ARM-based Windows machines and reintroducing it on Mac would be a game-changer. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Kind Regards

Paul JAbbour

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Microsoft's newest generation of laptops and 2 in 1 tablets are using ARM64 processors exclusively. We need Revu to provide compatibility with these devices sooner rather than later. Just like Revu provided app support to iPad. Several companies in our industry (Architecture and Engineering) use Microsoft surface products along with Bluebeam. This will be a big issue if Bluebeam doesn't allow compatibility with the new Microsoft surface devices. The new tech is Copilot+PC's are the future and several devices will be running ARM64 based chipsets.

• Luke Shiras
    Luke Shiras Posts: 186

I'm not up on the latest computer specs. How is Bluebeam NOT compatible with ARM64 processors? Or are you just talking about optimizing Bluebeam to work faster with ARM64 processors?

• rheinrich
    rheinrich Posts: 3

Many Windows 11 mainstream AI friendly devices are now getting released running Windows on ARM. The Windows on ARM devices run Microsoft AI (Copilot) Workloads with a NPU the best according to Microsoft. They could overshadow the Intel based x64 and x86 processors in the future. Plus you get the all day Battery Life and the Quick Power on, much like MacOSX today.  We are in the stages of testing app compatibility and Bluebeam Revu does not work, it crashes. I understand Bluebeam does not support Windows on ARM, but this is a mistake. Microsoft has a service called APP ASSURE that will work with you to get the app running. Many companies will start getting these devices, so I am surprised it is not a bigger issue or a higher priority with Bluebeam. It looks like this has been an issue since BB 20 and now BB 21.  I just submitted an App Assure Request to work with Microsoft to try to get this running on the ARM Device I am testing. Right now, the issue is that Revu will launch and crash almost immediately. 

• Alan A.
    Alan A. Posts: 48

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to us about ARM support. We are actively working on finding a solution to supporting Windows on ARM. We will keep you updated on our progress and provide you with more information as soon as possible. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do or if you have any other questions. We look forward to collaborating in the future.  

• rheinrich
    rheinrich Posts: 3

Thank you. This should be a priority for BlueBeam. Microsoft is beginning to move the Surface fleet to Windows on Arm with Snapdragon Processors. Other vendors are following suit too.

• Edwin Cerna
    Edwin Cerna Posts: 1
    edited September 6

Do you have a timeline for ARM support implementation. We have multiple MAC machines running windows 11 in virtualization mode to use Bluebeam with some limitations for printing due to lack of printer drivers for arm support.