Profile saves default colors

Carina
Carina Posts: 22
edited June 3 in Peer Support

I recently discovered how easy it is to export/import profiles (yay!) but, realized that this does not carry over everything.

For example, our typical default markup is red, but, we want to provide another Profile where the defaults are green.

When trying to set this up, the color override will change the default color to ALL profiles (so I now need to save my default colors back to red 😖

Tagged:

Comments

• RJ Palis
    RJ Palis Posts: 31
    edited April 6

@Carina - I'm not sure if this quick hack will help your cause. But if you create a custom "Tool Set" with markup tools that are default in Green, you can save this custom tool set in a "Profile". See my example below. I created a custom "Tool Set" for specific disciplines which I can carry over to any "Profile". Hope this helps.🤙

RJ Palis, PE

AECOM Hunt

Digital Technology-BIM/VDC Senior Manager

Building & Construction Technologies

(m)213.364.7665 | (e) rj.palis@aecom.com

• Carina
    Carina Posts: 22

Thanks @RJ Palis, we are using the Toolset as a workaround, but we've had staff ask to make their hotkeys default green (hence the look into using a profile).

I supposed one thing I could look at is if the Profile could have "My Tools" set to have the default markups set & saved to green, that might work - at least they would be able to use a hotkey 🤷‍♀️

• Marco M
    Marco M Posts: 112

I moved this discussion from Product Ideas to the Talk Bluebeam topic to gain more comments and visibility. However, our Product Team is aware and will make any necessary adjustments.